Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A Week 24 Thank You

We are in day 3 of week 24. Time is just flying by! It seems like every day I read of someone new who follows this blog, and have been getting words of encouragement right and left. For those of you who do read- thank you! It motivates me to write! And for those of you who do comment, thank you also. I've been having problems commenting on other blogs for some reason. It doesn't accept my login information. Maybe someday I will solve this mystery...I'll keep trying for sure. Sam and Jennifer, I agree with you that staying home with our son will be such a blessing and we will see God work. The only doubt I have is in myself, and my ability (or lack thereof) to always have a cheery, 100% trusting, positive outlook. Conquering myself will prob. be the greatest struggle. I also have to trust that the photography business will grow. I have 2 potential weddings on the line for the 2008 season. I covet your prayers for this-- please, please, please pray that God will show me favor and I'll land them both! I'm so excited for photography to pick up because I love to do it, and it would work out beautifully with Keith's work schedule and taking care of the baby! I should know about one of them by next week.

As far as news on the pregnancy, I think everything is just fine! The aches and pains have begun...the unexplained backache, the sciatic nerve pain, hip pain, rib pain (this one is new)...I feel like there is something sitting under my ribcage on the right, and if I slouch, it gets really irritating. Not only does my posture have to be perfect...it has to be exaggerated in order to avoid this feeling. Ick. I've also been having pains in my abdomen on the right side so the doctor ordered an ultrasound on my gallbladder, as often times pregnancy induces gallbladder problems. I went for it yesterday and should find out the results in 3 days. I'm praying everything is alright, and these pains are just associated with growing/stretching. The little one is still very active, so even if there are gallbladder issues, they aren't affecting him. :) And that's the best scenario I could wish for!

Then there's the weight gain. Yeah let's not talk about that. :)

I'm on the tail end of conquering the Baby Registry. Woooooah it's a lot! It's hard as a first time mom to know what to put on there and what not to...what products/brands to invest in and what not to. I had started my registry at 88 items. Then I went back w/ my neighbors, who informed me that even if you don't receive items on your registry for your shower, you still obtain a 10 percent discount after. So those things that I was in limbo about getting, I put on there, just for discount sake, but now my registry is up to 125 items!!! :/ I'm really debating on whether or not to take things off just for the sake of making it less overwhelming for my poor family and friends, and minimizing the pressure....and not to look like a greedy prude. What to do... what to do...

In other news, Keith painted the nursery this weekend! It looks so good so far!! The bottom half of the room is navy blue (though slightly muted and not deep) and the top part is brown. It will have white chair rail soon, but we have only got as far as purchasing it. Also we picked out our furniture this weekend...now we just have to order it! Slowly, things are falling into place. I figure within two weeks we will have it ordered. I'm so excited! It's been hard not to be able to help Keith with the work, but he seems to be enjoying it! He loves doing that kind of stuff, and thankfully, he's great at it! I will post pictures once the junk is cleared out and the trim is hung. It's definitely looking very nautical! :)

I have a friend who is willing to take pictures for week 24, and hopefully I won't look angry or overtly rotund in these :). worse comes to worse I could just crop my face out haha!

As always, more to come!

3 comments:

katy said...

I hear your dilemma on the baby registry, but I think that most people understand that with the first child we need a lot of stuff! I am facing the same dilemma, but it's probably better to register for more now and get the discount than wait and pay full price!
I'm sorry to hear about your aches and pains that are already kicking in! My stomach and back are definitely crampy and achy already, I'm worried about how much worse it will get since I'm only halfway through!!!

Rachael said...

I love your blog Suz! You are so funny :-) I'm definitely praying for your photography business to pick up, even if you have to do some free or reduced price work to beef up your portfolio, in the end, I think it would be worth it. Portfolios and personal recommendations are all people have to go on. Maybe you could add a "review" page to your Web site and you could have your customers write reviews for you... But fall is coming and the leaves turning colors over there is so beautiful - a perfect time for family photos and senior portraits! Love ya.

Jenn's Blog said...

I so remember the feet in my rib cage feeling. I remember he just sat there for so much of the pregnancy. I mean really until the "dropped" at the end. I use to just rub the top of my belly and just beg him to move down because he really made me so uncomfortable!
And don't you worry about looking greedy on that registry. You are a new mama and everyone knows you need TONS of stuff. No one will care and if they do then they have issues, not you:) Hope you are feeling ok!!