Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Name Game

Today brings us to 21 weeks and 6 days! Keith and I are playing the name game now. We have three names that we both like, but also have reservations about for particular reasons. The meaning of the name is what's important to me, and unfortunately one of my favorite names has a so-so meaning. I truly believe that you live up to your name-- some more than others. I wish this decision was easier to make, but it's just so final! I thought for sure, with the amount of time I've been thinking about it, we would agree on one within the week! So I'm starting to pray that God will tell us what He wants the name to be. Worse comes to worse, we just have to have three boys to use them all up! :) Then, unfortunately, there would be the delimma of which one to use first haha!
We are getting ready to do the nursery! We have paint colors picked out, and Keith will be putting up chair rail! I wish I could actually be a part of the painting, first because I love it, but second because it would give me somewhere to funnel my excitement! Unfortunately they say it's bad, so I will have to busy myself some other way...like by making a magnificently delicious, brand-new-recipe meal for Keith and Mom (my volunteer painters, bless their hearts). The plan is to paint the nursery, then buy the furniture so we have somewhere to put it (yes, it's picked out), then buy the window treatments (prob. wooden blinds or something), then wait to see if we receive bedding, and if not, go get it. :) It's such a fun process!

As for the little guy, he's as active as ever!! He moves a lot!! It's usually during the day that he moves around the most, thank heavens! He takes about 10 minutes to get settled at night and then we'r'e good. Ironically, one of the names we like means "repose/ peaceful"...which seems to be contrary to what I'm experiencing now haha! The other day I took a mild-temperature bath (you're not supposed to make it hot while pregnant) and he went nuts! I dont know if being submerged changes sensations or pressure for him or if things sound different or what, but he was kicking up a storm! It's to the point now where I can watch my belly moving when he kicks. When I got out of the bathtub he started to calm down. If I feel this much movement now, at 22 weeks, how on earth will it feel later!? Maybe when he starts to run out of room it will change.

As far as how I'm feeling, things are still on the up-and-up! I'm feeling pretty good. I'm starting to get back the intense fatigue that hits me midday. On the weekend when I have the freedom to nap it isn't too bad. During the week when I'm at work it's torture! It's worse than any 'after lunch slump' I've ever had, that's for sure. I've heard that from here it only gets worse though.

My nights are a tad bit more restless-- I've been having to change sides frequently because my hips hurt-- so I've been trying to keep myself awake until at least 9:00 PM, hoping I will sleep well once I get there. I think it might be time to invest in a body pillow too; my tummy is starting to feel heavy and unsupported. Keith informed me that he heard of a 'special pillow for pregnant women' on the radio, and he intends to find out what it is. :) So cute. I wonder if he knows that this pillow will invade his space in big ways for the next 4 months!

I've been trying to walk on a daily basis...I dont think it will keep my weight down, by any means, but I'm sure the increased circulation is good for the baby/digestion/sleeping. Yesterday my "walk" was to conquer the grocery store, finally, so that I could get some fresh veggies in my fridge. I was hoping to be able to come home and cut up all my produce, but by the time I got there, unpacked groceries, and cooked dinner, I was absolutely beat. Anyway, back to walking...If I dont go during the day I try to go at night with Keith. I love walking around our neighborhood in the evenings! They're starting to get a bit cooler now, and the sound of the bugs in the trees is so calming. :) The tail end of summer is so bittersweet!

I have to remember to get Keith to take a pregnancy picture tonight. I keep forgetting but I want to make myself do it because I know if I don't I'll regret it later. Fortunately instead of being 3 weeks overdue I'll only be two, with the miscalculation.

Workwise things are well, too. Still kicking around multiple ideas...trying to determine what would be best for our family. Though I really don't want to do it, the option of working part time for THP lingers in the back of my mind...then I scold myself because I'm trying to have faith that at that point I should be getting more business for photography work. I know that God gave me these gifts and talents, and that since I'm trying to put them to use He will honor them. I just have to trust Him to provide. That is so much harder to do when the security of your family is on the line. If anyone reading this has a blog, and you wouldn't mind posting my url on your site to start to have it recognized by search engines, that would be MUCH appreciated!:
http://www.collierimages.com/ .

That's about all I can think of for now...I'll keep the updates coming!

2 comments:

Jenn's Blog said...

So happy to see another blog on here. I always look so forward to reading them:) Glad you are doing good. You know when I quit work it was a really tough time when we had to lean on God and trust Him. He has taken care of us and provided. I know it's hard to remember that but He does it anyway:)

katy said...

Suz -
How fun that you are progressing so well with the baby's room! I am so excited for you all, and I can't wait to feel kicks like you are describing. I still just feel little tickles.
I'll be staying home too, and I know it will be tough, but I think that it is worth the sacrifice. I'm sure that God will make it clear to you what plans he has for you once the baby is born. :)