Thursday, May 24, 2007

The 10th Week


Tomorrow marks 10 weeks! This week has been fine-- I've had the usual fatigue and headaches. I'm looking for the supposedly symptomless second trimester. Can't wait until I dont have to take naps in my car anymore! The weekend with the shirts was a big hit-- really fun to watch people figure out. :) Now all of the family knows-- we're excited to have their support through this time! My dad has booked vacation for when the baby comes.


We went for our first ultrasound this week! It was so exciting! We saw the heart beating, and the baby was dancing around! It must have some Strenk in it's blood! Dancing before it can walk! Everything looks good, and after measurements, they determined that the initial due date is right on target- December 24th exactly!

I can't believe the time has flown by so far! I'm almost 10 weeks...only 3 more weeks and I can tell my boss and friends at work! On another note, I'm starting to pooch out already...I've been wearing my pants unbuttoned. Soon I will have to bite the bullet and buy some maternity pants. I've already borrowed maternity jeans-- mine don't fit around the waist.

We're praying for our peanut every day-- for good health and strong growth. :) Grandmom/Mom-mom (whatever she decides to be called) said : Praying for my little grandchild…being filled with the Spirit in the womb….loving Jesus with all his little heart as a child….


Right now, here is what "they" say about the baby's development:

Although the baby is still very small, it is beginning to look more like a human being. Your baby's back is straightening out and the tail is shrinking. In proportion to the rest of his body, the head is large and remains curved forwards onto the chest. The head is erect and the neck is developing well. Even though your baby's eyes are well developed, they are covered by a membrane lid. The eyes will not begin to open and close for quite some time still. Your baby will begin to make tiny movements as the muscles start to develop. You will not be able to feel any of these early movements, but you might be able to see them during an ultrasound. The arms and hands are progressing faster than the legs and feet at this point. By this time of your baby's development, the hands have defined finger ridges and the tissue between them will die off to leave separate fingers. It is impossible to distinguish a male from a female at this time because external genitalia look very similar at this point.

No comments: