Thursday, July 12, 2007

The 17th Week

Today I'm 16 weeks and 5 days pregnant. On Saturday I'll be at the 17 week mark! We went to the doctor's last night for our monthly checkup and everything looked great! They found the heartbeat with the doppler right away. We heard the heartbeat and then static. The doc said that's the baby moving around as a reaction to the noise from the doppler. :) The nurse was shocked when I told her that I've been feeling the baby move since 14 weeks! She said either I'm gonna have an active one or I'm really in tune with my body. Hearing "active" kindof scares me. :/ The doctor also told me that my constant foreverheadache might go away if i start to 'graze' instead of eating three large meals per day. So today I went to the grocery store and got a veggie tray. I'm hoping that helps me graze. I need to better plan out snacks because I can tell already that the brocolli is going to get old fast. Also (and I write this more for my purpose than your curiosity) I've only gained 3 pounds so far, since the beginning! YAY! I hope it continues to climb gradually. I do need to get my act together about what I'm eating though. During vacation last week I was eating TERRIBLY! The pregnancy has been fun though- especially lately. I can feel the baby move a lot during the day now! It's so cool, and it's so reassuring to know that it's doing well.
I'm going to leave now- have to go schedule my 20 week ultrasound!!! :)

No comments: