Wednesday, November 28, 2007

36 Week Appointment

I had my 36 week appointment last night. The results? *Drum roll*: 1 cm dilated and 70% effaced. Dilation means nothing without contractions, but I know effacement makes dilation easier. It doesn’t tell me when the baby will come, but I should dilate more easily when I do go into labor. So things are looking up! When she went to examine my cervix, she said “WOAH! His head is really low!!!” I guess that’s a good sign as well, hopefully meaning that I will be able to have a vaginal delivery without complications. J He’s being very well behaved! Regarding the popping noise, she still has no idea what it was but said that as long as he is still moving as much as he has before, he is fine. And he is DEFINITELY still moving as much as before, the little squirt! After I went to my appointment, the doctor sent me to the hospital to be monitored and tested for preeclampsia. Apparently my blood pressure was still a little high and when I told her about the dizziness and headache, and near passing out, she told me it’s prob. nothing, but it’s good to take precaution. They had me on the monitor, drew blood, and checked me blood pressure 3 times, and sure enough, everything was fine! All in all, it was good news!

I’m so excited for him to come! I don’t want to rush his delivery. The only time I’m anxious for him to come is when I’m sitting in my desk chair and very uncomfortable because of how cramped he is and how I can’t change positions to get comfortable. So I’ve decided to look at my last day of work as the light at the end of the tunnel rather than his due date. Once I’m able to be home, chances are it will be easier to get comfortable, and the rest of the pregnancy will be smooth sailing! 16 days until I’m finished at work, and I’ll only actually be working for 12 of them!

2 comments:

Jenn's Blog said...

Glad everything is good. You know everytime you go to the Dr. from now on and something has changed it's great news. Even if it doesn't mean that you are in labor. :) You are almost there!!! Can't wait to see this baby boy.

Jenn's Blog said...

Glad everything is good. You know everytime you go to the Dr. from now on and something has changed it's great news. Even if it doesn't mean that you are in labor. :) You are almost there!!! Can't wait to see this baby boy.